Peter Cleary (b. 1986) works with drawing, printmaking and painting. Awarded an undergraduate degree from Limerick School of Art and Design in 2009, this was followed by a Postgraduate Diploma from the Royal Institute of Art in Stockholm (Sweden) in 2011. He completed a Masters in Fine Art at the Bergen Academy of Art and Design (Norway) in 2016 and was awarded a Postgraduate Certificate from Trinity College Dublin in 2023.
Cleary has worked for Bergen University’s Department of Contemporary Art as a Research Assistant and Guest Lecturer. He currently lives and works in County Galway.
- 2023 Peter Cleary: Deer Lollipops, Hillsboro Fine Art, Ireland
- 2022 Gallery & Invited Artists, Hillsboro Fine Art, Dublin
- 2021 Remaster, Tou, Stavanger, Norway
- 2019 Peter Cleary: Sea Views, Marvin Gardens, New York, USA
- 2016 Artists as Independent Publishers, Weserburg Museum of Modern Art, Bremen, Germany
- 2016 Bergen Art Book Fair, Bergen Kunsthall, Norway
- 2016 Hex, Bergen Kunsthall, Norway
- 2015 No Future / No Past, Institut für Zukunft (IFZ), Leipzig, Germany
- 2011 Peter Cleary: Dawn Comes Early with Rose Fingers, Ålgården Gallery, Boras, Sweden
- 2011 Kungl Konsthögskolan, Kulturhuset Stockholm, Sweden
- 2010 Excavate, Cork Public Museum, Cork, Ireland